FORUMI BESËLASHTË SHQIPTAR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUMI BESËLASHTË SHQIPTAR

Forumi i Bashkësisë Besëlashtë / Forumi i parë pagan shqiptar në internet / Mirë se vini / Regjistrohuni dhe mësoni më shumë rreth nesh

ForumForum  Latest imagesLatest images  RegjistrohuRegjistrohu  identifikimiidentifikimi  

The Legend of Doruntine

Shko poshtë 
AutoriMesazh
Tomor
ADMIN
Tomor

Numri i postimeve : 1170

The Legend of Doruntine Empty
MesazhTitulli: The Legend of Doruntine   The Legend of Doruntine EmptySun 21 Jan 2024, 04:50

The only daughter of a large family of nine brothers marries a king far away from home. All of her brothers were against her marriage but for Constantine, the youngest brother. He made a pledge that he would bring the sister home even if he was buried deeply underground.

But a snake poisons the milk and all nine brothers die. Illyrians blame the snake for brining death on earth. In another version brothers die of war or plague.

Mother cursed the warrior in his grave for breaking the sacred oath. Constantine comes from the dead to break the curse upon him. His stone became his horse. Doruntine welcomes her brother but becomes suspicious of his muddy armor, his bad smell from the grave, his worn face. She complains that they travel only at night and that birds stop singing, the sun stops shining, flowers wither as they travel along them on the way home.

When Doruntine arrives home her brother returns to the grave. 'Who brought you here' - mother asks her daughter in disbelief. 'Constantine' was the answer of Doruntine. 'your nine brothers have nine years that rot in the graves' screams horrified mother. Both mother and daughter die of despair.
Mbrapsht në krye Shko poshtë
https://zojsi.albanianforum.net

The Legend of Doruntine
Mbrapsht në krye 
Faqja 1 e 1

Drejtat e ktij Forumit:Ju nuk mund ti përgjigjeni temave të këtij forumi
FORUMI BESËLASHTË SHQIPTAR :: Forumi jonë në gjuhë të huaja :: Albanian Pagan Forum - in English-
Kërce tek: